Pin it plugin

Pin it plugin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Smashed Spiced Chickpeas: Hummus!


Oh hummus, such an adorable dip, hmm let me count the ways I can relish this! I can eat it with carrots and cucumber, or chips and crackers ! Even better when spread on the tortillas and the sandwiches! Boost the flavour with sprinkling of some paprika and cumin, and this protein packed power house is ready in just a few minutes. How I adore this Hummus, it is just so finger licking good. I was all ready to plunge my three fingers into that bowl full of creamy, musky dip but then I thought I could be a tad more dainty with the pita chips instead,  but this was so appetizing I ate it first with the pita then lick it off with my fingers!

Ingredients
225 gms dried chickpeas,
covered with water and soaked overnight,
juice of 2 large lemons,
150 ml tahini,
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil,
½ tsp ground cumin,
Salt and pepper,
1 tsp paprika
Drain the chickpeas, put in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then let simmer for about two hour
Drain the chickpeas, reserving  some of the liquid and put in a food processor and blend it until smooth and creamy, mix in the lemon juice and the tahini, garlic and 3 tablespoons of olive oil and cumin and blend  until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the hummus into a shallow serving dish and chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before serving. Before serving, mix the reserved olive oil with the paprika and drizzle over the hummus. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 Expresso yourself!:

ipskhurana said...

Awesome...Really Adorable !

ipskhurana said...

Awesome...Really Adorable !

Post a Comment